Come to an upcoming painting day:
We need your help to prime and paint the mural wall! Painting days will be open to the community (all ages and all painting skill levels are invited!). Painting supplies, drop cloths, protective gloves and goggles will be provided. Wear clothes that can get dirty. We will meet at 9 am at the Parkland Post Office (320 Garfield St S, Tacoma, WA, 98444). Community Mural Painting Days are: Sat. 4/26, Sat. 5/10, Sat. 5/17, Wed. 5/21, Friday 5/23, Mon. 5/26-Sat. 5/31, June painting day dates are TBD. We look forward to painting with you!
- RSVP HERE FOR PAINTING DAYS
- Find Waiver Forms for Painting Days HERE
- Find Ladder Safety Forms for Painting Days HERE
Spread the word:
Share the Parkland Community Mural Facebook posts and Follow the Blog to get updates on the progress of the mural.
- Painting Day Poster
- April 8 Forum Press Release
- Parkland Mural Overview (short) Doc
- Parkland Mural Overview (short) PDF
- Parkland Mural Overview Doc
- Parkland Mural Overview PDF
- Mural Poster.pdf
Join a task force to commit to working on a specific element of the project:
- The Design Team will conduct community research for mural ideas based on the themes, produce images that encapsulate those themes, and synthesize a final design.
- The Painting Team will gather students and community members to paint on the Post Office from April 15- May 15. This team will also plan training sessions with mural painting trainers and plan with the design team.
- The Operations and Materials Team will determine what kinds of paint and primer and other materials are needed, where to get them and how much we will need.
- The Fundraising Team will organize additional fundraisers if necessary and plan for sustainability of the project.
- The Community Engagement Team will keep the community updated, get people involved, and communicate with different groups about the progress of the project. This team will also gather people together to celebrate the mural’s completion.